Medical Edge Recruitment is the premier travel nursing recruitment agency specializing in providing top talent to clients in the healthcare industry. We connect clinical and allied providers to their ideal opportunities, focusing on building long-lasting relationships through honesty and transparency. Whether it is a local contract or travel nurse assignment, we base our service on a foundation of compassion and communication.
We have an immediate opening for reliable Special Education ParaProfessional positions for 30 week contracts within a school district in Sarasota, Florida.
Specialty: Special Education
Location: Sarasota County, Florida
Facility type: School District
Pay rate: $22 per hour
Start Date: 11/6/2023
Assignment Type: Contract
Shift/Hours: 7.5 hour shifts (Monday – Friday)
- Independently supervise and implement instruction to students as assigned.
- Assist staff members with behavioral management.
- Assist in creating a safe learning environment and workplace.
- Implement classroom activities as directed.
- Assist with the preparation of accurate records, reports and other clerical duties as assigned.
- Assist with the development of instructional materials.
- Assist with personal care and hygiene including but not limited to diapering, toileting, feeding, and medical tasks.
- Assist with school wide supervisory tasks as assigned.
- Assist with assessing student progress.
- Communicate effectively with staff and parents.
- Intervene in situations concerning discipline of students when students’ health and/or safety is at risk.
- Demonstrate initiative in the performance of assigned responsibilities.
- Model and maintain high ethical standards.
- Follow attendance, punctuality and proper dress rules.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding school matters.
- Maintain positive relationships with staff and vendors.
- Participate in workshops and training sessions as required to meet the needs of the classroom and student population.
- Keep supervisor informed of potential problems or unusual events.
- Respond to inquiries and concerns in a timely manner.
- Follow all School Board policies, rules and regulations.
- Exhibit interpersonal skills to work as an effective team member.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have 1 of the 3:
- 1. A passing score on the Para Pro Assessment Test
- 2. Associate of Art’s / Associate of Science Degree
- 3. sixty (60) hour equivalent from an accredited educational institution.
- Must successfully complete verbal and physical CPI training within the probationary period.
Our providers are the heart and soul of Medical Edge Recruitment, and we are pleased to offer the following benefit package:
• Comprehensive health plan inclusive of medical, dental, vision, and other ancillary benefits
• Referral Bonuses
• Weekly Direct Deposit
• Travel & Housing Stipends
• Extensive Housing Network and Corporate discounts
• Rewards & Recognition program
• Dedicated Licensing & Compliance team
• 24/7 Team Support
About Medical Edge Recruitment
Whether you’re a new Travel Nurse or a seasoned pro, Medical Edge is the best agency to partner with you on your next assignment. Our dedicated recruitment team will work with you to find the highest-paying assignments in your desired location and help you along the journey.
In travel nursing, bigger does not always mean better. While we have an extensive network of job opportunities, our experienced team dedicated to making a personalized provider experience is our priority. There are many moving parts in getting set up for a new assignment, but we take care of all the details along the way. We make the process as simple as possible so you can say yes to your next travel nurse adventure. Adventure awaits; let Medical Edge Recruitment show you where to go next!
Medical Edge Recruitment is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.