SLP (Speech Language Pathologist)
Medical Edge Recruitment has an immediate opening for a SLP (Speech Language Pathologist)
Specialty: Skilled Nursing
Location: Grand Island, NE
Facility type: Skilled Nursing
Pay Rate: $73/hour
Start Date: 2 weeks from hire
Type: 13 Week Contract
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers and performs therapeutic interventions with clients. Assesses clients’ needs and develops plans for therapy that meets identified needs.
- Safeguards clients’ property. Provides clients with opportunities for independence and choice consistent with client plan of care. Maintains clients’ self-esteem, privacy and confidentiality of personal information.
- Assists to keep clients’ living areas pleasant and orderly. Documents observations and services provided. Notifies physician of changes; processes orders provides direct consultation with physician and/ or interdisciplinary team members. Receives and shares information.
- Trains clients/ family members/ staff on interventions, equipment. May utilize and supervise therapy assistants as outlined by Federal and State regulations and documents appropriately in the clinical record.
- Utilizes appropriate bag techniques and standard precautions. Follows infection control and safety control standards when using equipment.
- This position will be held accountable for complying with all related laws, regulations, company policies and procedures pertaining to his or her position and for fulfilling his or her obligations under the Facilities Corporate Compliance Program.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education Experience Licensure Certification:
- Completion of an accredited speech/ language pathology program preferred. Prior work experience in a rehabilitation/ geriatrics setting preferred. Certification for the state of practice
- Basic speech/language pathology skills. Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Basic ability to communicate and comprehend.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will operate/activate/use/prepare/inspect/place/detect/position objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee will frequently communicate/express oneself/exchange/observe/assess/detect information relative to this position.
- The employee is required to maintain a stationary position/move/position self in response to job tasks. Must be able to effectively communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
- Directly supervises assigned employee(s).
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; fostering an environment for employee engagement.
- Accommodations: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Frequency of travel may vary based on business need.
- Weight Lifting Requirement: 50 lbs.
Our providers are the heart and soul of Medical Edge Recruitment, and we are pleased to offer the following benefit package:
• Comprehensive health plan inclusive of medical, dental, vision and other ancillary benefits
• Referral Bonuses
• Weekly Direct Deposit
• Travel & Housing Stipends
• Dedicated Licensing & Compliance team
• 24/7 Team Support
About Medical Edge Recruitment
Whether you’re a new Travel Nurse or a seasoned pro, Medical Edge is the best agency to partner with you on your next assignment. Our dedicated recruitment team will work with you to find the highest paying assignments in your desired location and help you with the journey along the way.
In travel nursing, bigger does not always mean better. While we have an extensive network of job opportunities, our experienced team dedicated to making a personalized provider experience is our priority. There are a lot of moving parts in getting set up for a new assignment, but we take care of all the details along the way. We make the process as simple as possible so you can say yes to your next travel nurse adventure. Adventure awaits, let Medical Edge Recruitment show you where to go next!
Medical Edge Recruitment is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.