Medical Edge Recruitment has an immediate opening for a SCHOOL NURSE
Location: Greensboro, NC
Facility type: School System
Start Date: ASAP
Type: Direct Hire
Pay Rate: DOE CTE- Required
Shift/Hours: 8 hour shifts
- Performs cardiopulmonary resuscitation when confronted with a pulseless non-breathing patient.
- May perform any of the following procedures if allowed by the Guilford County Board of
- Education and/or State Board of Education, and in accordance with the North Carolina Nurse
- Identifies the health care need of a specific student or student population and availability of resources.
- Plan and implement health services to meet health needs.
- Evaluates and monitor the effectiveness of medical health care plans. Collects and analyses health data.
- Collaborates with a wide variety of school system professionals to promote a healthy and safe learning for students, families, and staff.
- Makes oral presentations to staff and community groups as part of in-service training about specific health concerns, as appropriate; assists school system administrators and appropriate committees in developing health related programs for school staff, parents and students.
- Serves as liaison between the school system and community at large, human services agencies and other institutions or agencies providing services to students and/or their families as appropriate.
- Prepares and maintains comprehensive notes, records and reports of information related to assigned duties.
- Prepares reports related to health data including infectious diseases such as COVID-19, and
other public health communicable diseases. Assists with the collection of data for End of Year
- Serves on various school system committees, attending meetings and participating in other
activities of such groups as appropriate.
- Attends seminars, conferences, workshops, classes, lectures, etc., as appropriate, to enhance and maintain knowledge of trends and developments in the field of nursing, reviews professional
- Journals, attends association and professional meetings, and otherwise maintains contacts with nursing and school system staff to facilitate exchange of information.
- BSN/BS or more advanced nursing education
- Registered nurse currently licensed in North Carolina.
- The position requires licensure in CTE- Health Science with NCDPI
- A minimum of 2 years RN nursing experience dealing with young children and adolescents (ages 5– 18)
- Knowledge of potential health problems of school-age and adolescent children,
both healthy and those with chronic conditions and handicapping conditions; or any equivalent
- Combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.