Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Sandusky, OH
Medical Edge Recruitment has an immediate opening for a LPN (License Practical Nurse)
Location: Sandusky, Ohio
Facility type: Veterans Home
Start Date: 2 weeks from start
Shift/Hours: 12 hour shifts (Days and Nights with rotating weekends)
- Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration; collects blood and specimens for testing; performs catheterization and colostomy care; continues and discontinues intravenous fluids; administers medications according to the patient care plan.
- Screens patients and records medical information; assists physician and registered nurse in examinations and treatments; sets up and cleans examination area; gives injections and immunizations; instructs clients in the use of medications and self-care procedures.
- Observes, records, and reports to appropriate persons the physical and mental condition of the patient and signs and symptoms which may be indicative of change.
- Administers nursing care treatments to wounds, incisions, ostomy and tracheotomy sites; administers oxygen; inserts and/or replaces nasogastric tubes.
- Inventories controlled medications, completes medication usage reports, and control records.
- Participates in the review and implementation of procedures designed to ensure comfort and safety of patients.
- Performs specialized nursing functions such as, the preparation and care of patients receiving specialized treatments.
- Provides for the emotional and physical comfort and safety of patients.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living such as grooming and personal hygiene and encourages appropriate self-care capabilities.
- Discusses patient care and progress with physicians and registered nurses.
- Assists with the rehabilitation of patients according to the patient care plan.
- Carries out preventive measures in community health facilities such as children's clinics, maternity clinics and outpatient clinics.
- Assigns work and provides guidance to unlicensed health personnel.
- Performs first aide, emergency and disaster measures according to established procedures.
- Ohio State License
- Covid Vaccine or Exemption
- CPR (American Heart Association-BLS Only)
- Physical/Physician Statement
Our providers are the heart and soul of Medical Edge Recruitment, and we are pleased to offer the following benefit package:
- Comprehensive health plan inclusive of medical, dental, vision and other ancillary benefits
- Referral Bonuses
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- Travel & Housing Stipends
- Dedicated Licensing & Compliance team
- 24/7 Team Support
About Medical Edge Recruitment
Whether you’re a new Travel Nurse or a seasoned pro, Medical Edge is the best agency to partner with you on your next assignment. Our dedicated recruitment team will work with you to find the highest paying assignments in your desired location and help you with the journey along the way.
In travel nursing, bigger does not always mean better. While we have an extensive network of job opportunities, our experienced team dedicated to making a personalized provider experience is our priority. There are a lot of moving parts in getting set up for a new assignment, but we take care of all the details along the way. We make the process as simple as possible so you can say yes to your next travel nurse adventure. Adventure awaits, let Medical Edge Recruitment show you where to go next!
Medical Edge Recruitment is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.