Medical Edge Recruitment has an immediate opening for LPN (License Practical Nurse) in Columbia, SC.
Location: Columbia, SC
Facility type: SCDC
Pay rate: $43/hour
Start Date: 2 weeks from hire date
Shift/Hours: 12 hour shifts
LPN Job Description – SCDC
- Responsible to the Registered Nurse for nursing care provided in a designated correctional clinic or specialized area in compliance with medical plans, policies, and orders for patient care and treatment. Duties include:
- Conduct health screenings during sick call using approved standing orders or making appropriate MD referrals.
- Administer and document medication as ordered by the physician in the correctional setting.
- Document all health care rendered on the medical records.
- Assist Physician as needed.
- Transcribe all MD orders from medical records.
- Transfer medical records with appropriate documentation and medication at time of inmate transfer.
- Perform clinical treatments & procedures using universal precautions.
- Maintain 40 hours of in-service education per year to include all mandatory in-services and CPR certification.
- Provide emergency treatment to inmates and employees.
- Participate in employee health issues as directed, i.e. TB screening, Hepatitis B injections, flu injections, and post exposure assessment.
- Collaborate with other correctional professionals to assure social, psychological, and security needs of the inmate are met.
- Assist in planning and coordination of nursing services required to meet the total health care needs of the patients in a 24 hour/7-day week medical clinic.
- Collect and process lab specimens for transport to laboratory.
- Participates in inmate health education.
- Current and valid LPN license
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience
- Current BLS certification is required
- **COVID VACCINATION MANDATORY
Our providers are the heart and soul of Medical Edge Recruitment, and we are pleased to offer the following benefit package:
- Comprehensive health plan inclusive of medical, dental, vision and other ancillary benefits
- Referral Bonuses
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- Travel & Housing Stipends
- Dedicated Licensing & Compliance team
- 24/7 Team Support
About Medical Edge Recruitment:
Whether you’re a new Travel Nurse or a seasoned pro, Medical Edge is the best agency to partner with you on your next assignment. Our dedicated recruitment team will work with you to find the highest paying assignments in your desired location and help you with the journey along the way.
In travel nursing, bigger does not always mean better. While we have an extensive network of job opportunities, our experienced team dedicated to making a personalized provider experience is our priority. There are a lot of moving parts in getting set up for a new assignment, but we take care of all the details along the way. We make the process as simple as possible so you can say yes to your next travel nurse adventure. Adventure awaits, let Medical Edge Recruitment show you where to go next!
Medical Edge Recruitment is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.